Thursday, November 1, 2007

Acupuncture Consult

Today I had an acupuncture consult. His assessment consisted of checking my tongue and pulses. He can tell what is going on in 12 different organs, apparently all 12 of mine are fu___ed up! 3 are hyperactive and 9 are weak. We didn't initiate treatment today though, next time. He found the most dysfunction in my stomach, liver, and intestines, and a big fatigue problem. Plus some other stuff like neck and shoulder tension, which has been a HUGE issue for me the past week and sinus problem. All this from my tonue and wrists! We will see what he can offer me, I see him in 1 week as I have my continuing ed until Wed.

My stress has been through the roof. I have had one of the 'rougher' therapists work on my shoulders, he makes me cry, but he is honestly concerned about my tension levels. I have been super nervous about the revision. I am still hung up on the 'what if I am making this up' thing. Again- few findings on scan, intermittent pain.....you would think I would be happy about intermittent pain, but it makes me crazy! What if I wake up, and he tells me there was nothing wrong and I made it all up??????????? This keeps me up at night!

I know, I know, I am losing it again! This situation is pushing me off the deep end. There is so much tension in my neck, shoulders and head, yes head. If I had time, I would go for a massage. But I work tomorrow and my course starts Sunday morning, 8AM, 1 hour away! fun fun fun!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hang in there Susie! This has happened before and it wasn't in your head, we all know that this annoying problem likes to come and go and play tricks on our mind, so don't let it get to you. I am absolutely certain this isn't in your head, the pain you have cannot possibly be! It is interesting about the accupuncture, how much did you tell the therapist before he/she came up with those problems? or did he/she come up with them on their own? I hope it works once you start going, I have heard great things about accupuncture! You need to take a couple of days off some time before your surgery to relax, treat yourself to a nice spa or something, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

hey Susie -
I'm guessing that your mind/intuition is in overdrive now because it's afraid of looking foolish later ("what if I wake up and didn't need surgery after all?") ... Maybe a dialogue with it (yes, a real dialogue) would help it feel more relaxed -- e.g.: "OK, I know you don't want to have regrets later about this surgery... so, got any other suggestions? no?... well, maybe we should just go ahead with it then -- & if it turns out you were right all along, I absolutely promise to listen to whatever you have to say....."
(or "I absolutely promise we will go out for massage therapy at least once a week," --- or "I promise we will go out for ice cream at least 7 days per week" ;-)

KT

Susie said...

I know, I know!! Even the PA at one point said to me, 'we can even just do a diagnostic scope, to rule out anything', that is not what I want!!! I don't have major surgery for its 'diagnostic value'!

I told the acupuncturist some things, but some he came up with on his own, alot of the fatigue and sluggishness issues, the neck tension (but who doesn't have necka nd shoulder tension, some things he was way off on, like at one point he asked if I am always hot, I said no, and then he said, Oh, I see here....are you always cold? He had a 50/50 on that one!! I am not looking at him like a mind reader/ fortune teller though! We will see what he does next week!

I am off to my final pre-op PT session today, I will report back with measurements, I plan to take 15-20 minutes with heat ans stim on my neck and shoulders and just RELAX!