Thursday, November 15, 2007

29 Hours Since my Last Hit

I am Percocet free...still. The withdrawl is going well!!! I don't think I can ever take narcotics again, I am so scared. I have been in bed for 29 hours with ice on and off, I occasionally haul myself out to use the bathroom or ride my bike for fear of a DVT. I am also trying to remember to do ankle pumps and quad sets and short arc quads in bed to help the blood circulate.

I am a lot better than yesterday but not great, I can't believe the nausea has not completely passed. I am eventually going to have to get up and do more stuff, then the pain med situation may become sticky. Worse comes to worse, I have Darvocet, which has been good for me in the past. I hope it doesn't come to that.

It is definitely not what I take, but how much. I think the levels were just so built up in my system I couldn't tolerate it anymore. Live and Learn!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Do you think that your Crohns could play any part in your stomachablity (is that a word? lol) of certain drugs? Just a thought, but I don't exactly know the ins and outs of Crohns.
I found that I felt worse when sitting and doing nothing, maybe because you think of it more? Maybe this is backwards but when I felt nauseus and dragged myself out for a little walk, I felt a little better.

Susie said...

It is an issue I have had during pregnancies as well. You can imagine how 'fun' L's pregnancy was, I was in school and spent a good portion of time curled up on the bathroom floor.One day I had thrown up 5 times before lunch, I decided it was time to call my doc, who was able to prescribe Zofran,my miracle drug!!! This is what I have been taking post-op and in surgery it was administered via IV.
I don't think it is Cron's, but I will ask my GI at my next appt, I think maybe hormones can play into it,you rarely hear of men with these issues!
I should get out of bed soon!

T said...

hi there, just wanted to see if you've tried ultram or ultracet? i can't take narcs either but those seem to be the easiest on my stomach - not 100% but better than the narcs.
might be worth a shot if you're still in pain.