Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Post-Op Day 1

I know I promised to recap surgery day but I will post it later, it is too much info for me to write about in my Percocet haze.

I slept well last night, woke up and was able to have breakfast, no nausea. I then removed my dressing, the scope sites were not oozing and there was only a little bit of blood on it. I applied my waterproof bandages and showered, then removed them and applied regular (elmo) bandaids (that is all we stock here!!!). I was able to get dressed independently except for my socks which my mom helped me put on. Then we were off to PT. I think I took a zofran before leaving.

In the car, I took a Percocet. PT was basic. We took some ROM measurements. My flexion is same as it was pre-op, 112'. IR 30', it was 36' pre-op. This is great. What is limiting me is the HUGE amount of swelling. This is the worst it has ever been. MY leg has tons of bruising, I think Dr. Kelly must have been like 'I'l show her', hahah! J/k. As P was flexing my hip, I felt like my thigh was going to rip open at the seems from the swelling. My IT band feels tight as do my external rotators, thanks traction!!

My pain is not terrible, but I am taking percocet religiously. If I lay in bed and don't move, I am good. Moving hurts a little but I have so much more active motion than I have ever had this early post-op. I can do a heelslide without a problem and getting in and out of bed is not as hard as it has been. Again, 'wow, PT really works'!!!

After PT, my mom and I went out to lunch. As we sat down and the food came, I got very lightheaded so quickly ate half a sandwich, it helped. The plan was to go to CVS after lunch to pick up more bandaids, colace and percocet (can you believe the pharmacy was out of percocet last night....good thing I had some left over from last time) but I got soooo tired I had her take me home and I napped for 3 hours.

Now I am in bed, just chilling! I have phone calls to return and I should ice, I forgot to put my stolen icepack in the freezer (I took one from work today).

More To follow!!!!

No comments: