Friday, November 30, 2007

No Cane Yet

We only had quad canes in my office, no thanks! Someone tried to fashion a cane for me out of half of a forearm crutch, again, no thanks! So it is my crutch for a bit longer. The problem, according to P, appears to be that I am not getting enough extension (or any extension) when I walk. So we worked on that with mobs, soft tissue work and strengthening into extension. He had me do single leg bridges with rotation, so you rotate away from the leg and that gives you more extension. I also did single leg walking on the treadmill to increase extension but after 5 minutes, my quad on the standing leg fatigued. I also did the Fitter into extension. Hopefully this will all help. I have my op-report, it is LONG, I will type it up and post tomorrow night when the kiddies are asleep and J is out at a bachelor party!

No comments: