Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weird

36 hours to go. Someone called from HSS yesterday, I have to be there at 5:45 AM, J is not thrilled, neither is my nanny. Sorry !
I forgot to copy the PT notes yesterday, I will try to remember Tuesday. I also forgot icepacks. I will use frozen vegetables until I go to my office, in the past, I ice on the first day of PT and take those ice packs home with me.

So what is weird???? I have discovered that an OS has a link to my blog. Weird! Spooky! Unprofessional??? My blog in no way is part of or has to do with my job. Coincidentally, I am a PT, I am not using this as an educational resource, more to occupy my time, vent, and record my own experience. http://www.drjonhyman.com/hiparthroscopy.shtml
If you scroll down there are links for hip arthroscopy, the last one is "A Patient's Hip Arthroscopy Blog", guess where it takes you? You got it! My blog. I told you it was weird. I don't particularly care that it is here, my blog is educational in the sense that 'what you see is what you get', I have no hidden agendas, this is my very real experience, no fancy curtains to hide the gross/ ugly stuff!!! This is what no one tells you! If I were an OS, I don't think this is exactly what I would want on my website, but so be it!!!

I think I am ready for surgery! I will probably be a ball of nervous energy tomorrow! I have another continuing education day, this time a pelvic floor dissection course. Sounds like fun!

4 comments:

Jess said...

First of all, good luck for your surgery tomorrow! I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope this will be the cure for you and be the end of your hip trouble for good!

Secondly, did this surgeon ask your permission to post your blog on his site?? I'm aware that it's on the net so it's free for all, but it would have been nice if he'd asked first :-)
I guess it gets your story out there though and it most definitely is informative :-D
Take care Susie, will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Susie said...

Thanks Jess! No, he never asked for permission, it is so odd!! I overslept by an hour this morning but still found time to check email before heading out the door for my course!!!! I am feeling the nervous energy, but it seems (to me) that it is not related to the surgery, well, duh, obviously it is but I am not thinking abt it, I am just in a state of anxiousness!! I think my pulse is a little fast, 24 hours to go!!

Anonymous said...

u seem somewhat paranoid. looks like that OS is sharing information for patients to see your perspective. get over urself.

Susie said...

Anonymous in Atlanta- who are you? Why would you say that? Do you have some connection with this OS? are you the OS? I didn't say I minded but rather I thought it unprofessional, Clearly you disagree.