Monday, November 12, 2007

I Am Home

Hi! I will make this quick and post the details in the 'susie way' later.
A very special thank you to J for the updates today. I just wanted to clarify, Dr. K did not actually say shut up, he was amused, I was silenced bc he was speaking to me at the same time the nurse was putting in my IV and I couldn't talk while she inserted the needle bc I was nervous.
I an nutshell, my psoas is fine (told you so), there was a cam lesion, a lot of synovitis, softening of the cartilage, lots of scar tissue. Labrum looked good.
I was in a TON of pain in the hispital I maxed out my Dilaudid, they had to call the anesthesiologist in the OR to see if I could have more. Dr Kelly came to check on me after his next surgery and changed my dressing bc it was soaking through. I am home now and went to look at the dressing and it is full of blood, so I called Dr. Kelly and he said it is fine, sometimes when they remove scar tissue it happens bc it is more vascularized and the arthroscopy fluid leaks out with it. He also added 'you were right' referring to the psoas!! J is out at CVS buying some gauze and tape to change the dressing. It is gross!
I am really lightheaded and dizzy, I was in the hospital until around 4. There was someone else in phase 2 with me who must have been Dr Kelly's next case, who went home when I did, I am always the last to leave!
More to follow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY SUSIE
(and J too :-)

..KT!