Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We are in Boston, at my in-laws. Remember, the house with all the steps....I am being extremely non-compliant with my crutches. I am using them very little in the house since the kids are all over the place and there is not much help here. I actually just carried Jk up the stairs, crutchless, bc he wouldn't come with me when I asked nicely! It has been a difficult trip, as always! Left hip still holding up well. Actually, it is better for my left when I am off of crutches!

On the drive up, we drove with my sister in law and baby, they drove the car I didn't want to drive to my appt on Wed, it has a transmission problem and needed to be brought to Boston to be fixed.....So she drove that car and we drove our car. About an hour before we got here, the car died! So we piled all of her stuff into our car, plus the carseat, stroller, coats, blankets....My car seats 8 and we were tight! Luckily, the tow truck driver needed J to go with him to show him where to go, I ended up driving and my piriformis was not at all happy. I got to the house stiff, tight and cranky (seems to be a theme lately)!

I think we will be heading home tomorrow night to avoid traffic and crankiness!

Today I have had to walk without crutches in the house often to feed the kids, get our stuff together...I am not a happy camper! When I do too much, the incisions start to hurt and get tender. I haven't been able to have a good look at them bc they have steri-strips on them. They feel raised and hard though, P will have a field day breaking up scar tissue.

2 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Since I am not going to PT - is there a way that one can break up scar tissue at home???

My OS actually asked me at my 6-wk: "What PT are you doing?" Uh, none since you didn't prescribe me any! He also asked, "What anti-inflamms are you taking?" Also none, since he didn't prescribe any!

Gah! He did write me a script though. Which probably won't help!

Susie said...

I think you can easily work on our scope sites, using your thumb try deep, small circular patterns. Other stuff would be hard to do alone.