Monday, November 19, 2007

To Sum up a Week

The worst is over. I ate 3 meals today, and they all stayed down. Here is the current crutch situation. I walk from my bed to the bathroom with no crutches. Around the house with one crutch for short distances, but if I do too much I need 2 crutches in the house. I just got 'stuck' in the kitchen, I had 1 crutch and just couldn't walk anymore with it alone, so I needed a 'rescue'. My incisions hurt the most right now, but I feel some mild pain in the hip with 'excessive' walking. I am having anterior tightness and need to get my ass to PT. Today I became semi-compliant and did bridges and isometric hip adduction. I didn't have the motivation to go looking for my theraband yet. I will take it with me when we go away for Thanksgiving. Overall, my hip is the best post-op this time than any other time. Thank goodness, I don't think I could handle pain and nausea, or maybe I just don't feel the pain because of the nausea.

Once again, I think I was right. But no one listened to me this time. I really wanted MY anesthesiologist. I also would have been thrilled to not be sedated, I didn't even bring it up this time since I was shot down so quickly when I suggested it to the anesthesiologist at my first scope. I think we could have avoided a lot of unpleasantness though.

I have my first post-op with Dr. Kelly on Wed. so I will see the pictures clearly, not through a Dilaudid haze, and get a clearer idea of what he found within the joint.

2 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Do you think the medication they use for sedation is what caused such a bad reaction? I'm amazed that it could stay in your system that long. I really hope you NEVER need surgery again!

I'm so glad you're feeling better and that your hip seems to be healing well! That's the least you deserve for enduring all the puking!

Susie said...

I think that when something 'weird' can happen, it has to happen to me. I also have had anesthesia issues in the past. I had trouble recovering all 3 times, I see everyone else go home and I am sad and alone all day in the PACU! Plus I had the extra Dilaudid, that is the only thing that stands out in my head. I know the sedation was different between scope 1 and 2, but not sure what was done this time. I hope they read your chart before pumping you full of drugs!!! I will mention it to dr kelly but I am pretty sure he will not have anything new to shed on the situation! Did you ever get your op-report?