Tuesday, November 20, 2007

2 Steps forward....blah blah blah

No, my head is not back in the toilet! I overdid it, in a major way. My mom left this afternoon and I really have very little patience for things not being done my way. I know, this is only temporary, I should deal, but I can't. Anyway, the kids needed dinner, and they wanted more ketchup, and L wanted lemonade, then Jk wanted lemonade, then they wanted more french fries, then they needed grapes...so I ditched my crutches...temporarily.

Now remember, I have had almost no pain until now...until now. Stupid, stupid, stupid. There is ignorance, where I could have said I didn't know better, but I do know better, there was no excuse. I had tears in my eyes from pain, and oh how I longed for the satisfaction of a Percocet...but ice it was. And ice really helped. As did the resumption of 2 crutches. I spread out on the couch with my precious, stolen icepack for the duration of an entire episode of Little Einsteins. Once the kids were in bed, I entered mine, and plan on staying until tomorrow and hopefully this will only be a very very temporary setback. I feel like a recovering drug addict, I long for the relief of drugs but know I can never have them again!!!

No comments: