Monday, July 2, 2007

Home at Last

I am home! I will try to keep this short bc I don't know how much is me talking and how much is meds! Hopefully tomorrow I will post all the details of the day, now I will give a quick rundown!
My biggest concern for this surgery was throwing up post-op and anesthesia, since last time I was in recovery forever.
So.....surgery was at 8AM, it ended at 11AM, that is a long time for a hip scope! I just found out that I had a bone spur on the acetabulum, a bone spur on the femoral head-neck junction, and a labral tear, as well as loose bodies in the joint. I didn't get to speak to my surgeon afterwards. He did speak to my husband but J does not know the right questions to ask!!!
My surgeon is Bryan Kelly in NYC, he s awesome!!! I highly recommend him to anyone with similar problems.
I had a combined spinal epidural (I have to google this later), the anesthesiologist thought I would recover quicker this way, she also kept the sedation lighter than last time. It's a good thing we went this route since the surgery lasted so long, she said the spinal would not have lasted that long.
Most people who had 8am surgeries went home around 12 or 1pm, I went at 3:30, better than last time!!!!
I took 2 darvocet in the hospital and was given dilaudid in my IV, I threw up twice already!
I am hoping it was the anesthesia, I cannot handle more puking, I prefer pain, which is why I am without pain meds at this time, if I lie perfectly still, I am ok!
I will post all the gory details later or tomorrow, hopefully I will be more lucid! I also have PT at 9:30 tomorrow morning so tomorrow I will have a lot to talk about!

No comments: