Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Family Matters

Being that I have 2 children under 2, crutches do not help my situation. I need my hands, I need to be able to sit on the floor, I need to be able to chase them, I need to be able to push my stroller. That is the hardest part about this for me. Luckily, my mom is awesome, she is staying here and doing practically everything around the house. My husband could be more helpful, but chooses not to be, leaving the bulk of the work to her. This puts me in a very uncomfortable situation, she is not here for him to take a vacation, and sit back and relax. I need him to realize that he needs to pull his weight around the house more.

This situation has added stress to my home, as much as I love my mom, and love her being here, I think that until she goes home my husband will feel like that. The hard thing is that once she does go home, I will not be able to go out and do things with the kids. For example, we have been going to the pool, L plays nicely with her friends, Jk runs around like a baby maniac, and needs to be chased. I will not be able to do any chasing for a while, and definitely not while on crutches.
I am now driving again, since I stopped the Percocet, so I have a lot of my freedom back, so I feel guilty making her stay longer, but I know the kids will suffer once she leaves since our outings will be cut.

On the other hand, I can drive, but I can't exactly do the grocery shopping on crutches. I feel torn, I don't want to make her stay here and feel used, but I don't want the kids to suffer, and I need J to step up and start doing more around here.

No comments: