Monday, July 9, 2007

Week 2 Begins

Ahhhh...the numbness persists, plus additional negative thoughts. Ok, this is my blog, and I can publish all my negativity/ doubts here!
Since my "twisting/ popping" episode the Thurs. before my surgery on the right hip, things have been kind of funky. Now, in my compulsive state, I notice that there are positive impingement signs in that hip (gulp). So what is going through my head....was cam impingement missed on that side? My left hip (most recently done) is doing awesome, and there is no pinching at end range, there is pain and discomfort at endrange, but it is a different quality of pain. The right hip pinches (omg, tons of freaking out), but now is not a good time to judge the outcome of the first surgery.But still...

Why does my left hip feel so much better than the right one did? I had pinching for so long, I was told it may never go away because the area was worked on, bone was shaved, so there may be some residual pain for life, I am OK with that, but as long as that is what I am feeling. I know my hips will never be the same as they were before this happened, but I want them better than pre-op. So my doubts continue to exist in my mind...at the same time,I don't know if I want to know if here is still some issue going on in there...my personal recovery is going well, but it is so hard not being able to do things on my own, more on that later!

On a more positive note, I had my 3rd PT session today. P, my other PT was in today, he is not sure what to make of the numbness, on another positive note, he worked the hell out of my ITB and it didn't bother me. He did ART on my psoas, iliacus, TFL and ITB. I rode the bike for 15 minutes (I had pain after 10 pre-op), isometric hip ab/dduction (blue band today), bridges, stool IR/ER/extension, and we decided it would be ok to add the wobble board. Yes, I am only supposed to be 20 lbs weight bearing, I am doing more (see disclaimer below), but I am doing more and want to ditch my crutches ASAP. Oh, I ditched my hip brace today too, it was too cumbersome and my ROM is great, and beyond what the brace allows. My hip flexes way beyond 90', ER is almost full, IR exists this time!!!

To address the swelling (and hopefully the numbness), I set the e-stim machine to Hi-volt, 1-10mhz, for a muscle pump action. It didn't feel good, but I am willing to do it if here is even a remote possibility it will help.

I have been off of Percocet since Saturday. I take a lot of Tylenol, and could probably use the percocet at times, especially at night, but I am desperate to feel "normal" again!

No comments: