Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ups and Downs

This is really a crazy, unstable recovery! This is a warning to those undergoing it or who will undergo it! Each day can be so different. With my first surgery, I tracked my progress in terms of weeks, I used Saturdays, how much more was able to do each Saturday, and it was usually measured in terms of walking distance and assistive device.

I really spent a good part of the day in bed today, I needed a break, both physically and emotionally. My left hip feels better today, the psoas is sore as is the joint itself, but better than yesterday. The right side hurt, even while in bed. The muscles hurt as does the joint, I don't think there was much benefit to the ART yesterday. But on a more positive note, my life is definitely getting back to normal, I walked L to her tap/ballet class today (yes,I did eventually get out of bed), and tomorrow I plan on going to the pool with both kids. Once I can do that, everything will be more or less back to normal, on the outside. Of course there is still a lot of healing to do on the inside.

Because things have been so crazy lately, I have been a bit neglectful with household things. This is how L came home from camp today.

Her teacher taped a note to her dress to remind me to send something in!!! How embarrassing!
I think taking today as an "off day" will really help me to continue to progress on the left, I need to be more disciplined with strengthening on PT off days!! But one thing at a time!!!

No comments: