Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Making Progress

Another PT session down, and boy am I tired of it. things went great today, so great that I asked P if he thought I could cut down from 12 weeks to 6 weeks of PT, he said he thought it would be ok, we'll see how things go.

I started off on my trusty, upright bike, and proceeded to single leg stance on the floor, not too shabby! No hip drop today! P added some contralateral hip hiking while doing the single leg stance, it was hard, but I got 10 in! I did squats, on the ground, with a theraband around my knees, isometric hip abduction/ adduction against the wall while standing on one leg, walking side squats with a theraband. Then my usual table exercises, with the addition of 9 modified single leg bridges. While I waited for P to finish with his other patients, I did some quad stretching, adductor stretching, hamstring stretching and hip flexor stretching. I had him work on my ITB and hip flexors today. I walked out pretty much painfree!!!

We discussed when I could return to work. I am on one crutch now, he said when I can walk around for 4-5 hours with no crutches, then I can come back! If you read my blog often, you'll notice some changes and additions I made, I am bored. I am beyond bored actually, I need to work or else I go crazy and start to lose it!

We skipped hi-volt today, I decided it was pointless, if the sensation is going to ever come back, then it will, on its own, no machine or drug is going to change it. It is not that awful for me, I do have feeling on the side of my leg, it just feels weird, on a positive note, P can work the heck out of that portion of my ITB and it doesn't bother me!!!

No comments: