Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Follow your Instinct

I have been having a lot of doubt over my decisions of the past few months, but after today, I am happy I went with my instincts. Yes, I may not be having the "happiest ending" but hopefully I will, and maybe it will take one more surgery to correct all of my problems, but I think I went the correct route. So where is all of this coming from?
About 1 month ago, I went to the dentist, I had been to him a year prior as well, for my first visit. He was a dentist of convenience as his office was located in the lobby of my building. At my first visit, he informed me that one of my old fillings needed to be redone, either with the same stuff in it now, or he could make me a crown. The tooth was not bothering me, so I ignored his advice and returned a year later for a cleaning (I was busy during that year with hip stuff so put off the cleaning!). At this appointment, he again, told me to redo the filling, but this time he said I needed a crown. I asked if he thought the problem had worsened over the last year, to which he answered he could not tell. So why do a crown? He didn't give me a straight answer, or one I was pleased with. The crown was also pretty pricey. My uncle is a dentist, his practice is a little over an hour away, so I decided to get his opinion, and let him do the work. After many x-rays and inspection of the teeth, he found absolutely nothing wrong. I am so pissed off at the first dentist. The point of this story is that when something does not feel right, or if you have questions that are not being answered, it is ok to seek a second opinion. Had I not followed my gut instinct this time, I would have spent a fortune of money on something I did not need and had to endure painful dental work that would have been totally unneccessary. I feel like calling the first dentist and telling him off!!!

No comments: