Sunday, July 22, 2007

Looking for Advice

I am looking for advice from you, my trusty readers (I will post A Pain in the Butt...part 2 tonight).
I woke up this morning and feel a lot better. I haven't left the house though, J and my FIL took the kids to a duck pond to feed them. L and J are going to a baseball game later and I want to go to the mall to buy a new pair of ballet flats (being that my right hip hurts a lot, I figure it will be a good investment for the future, plus Gap has a few cute, cheap pairs right now).
Do you think I should take my crutch? I know, I am the PT, but I am so sick of it, and I will look stupid pushing the stroller and holding a crutch, I can do it though, if I need to, but really don't want to!!!
I am afraiud of a setback, but want to move on!!
What do you think? My gait is better today, but not perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susie - look, you can still be my superhero w/out doing so much! I just want you to slow down --which I know is impossible w/the kids -- & I understand that you don't like being dependent on your mom... but shoot -- since you get along w/her, invite her to come back so you can recover a while longer w/less demands on your body!!
oo
KT

Susie said...

awww KT! thanks! She can't come back, we are all going away in a few weeks and she needs to be home a little, and work some too!
I ended up going out without the crutch, I did ok, it wasn't for too long. I did have a drop of that pelvic rotation thing going, but I don't think it was evident to others. We just got back to my inlaws and I took a nasty spill outside, I am fine though!! It is either all or nothing for me!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Susie

Jess said...

Hi Susie.
Take it easy chicky! Even if you feel good, be wary that you're still healing and that your poor hip has been through a lot! I'd hate for you to not take your crutch because you feel you'll 'look' silly and do yourself some damage! Maybe you could attach it to the stroller somehow and then it's there if you need it :-)
Glad to hear you're feeling better today!