Friday, July 27, 2007

Ignorance is Bliss...or is it???

Let me start by saying that I scheduled my MRI, but like everythig else in my life these days, it could have gone smoother.

I called Dr. Kelly's office this morning to have them set it up, which is already annoying, I could just as easily called myslef! So the receptionist asks me when is good, I said Mon. afternoon, or Tues. or thurs. all day, but the sooner the better. She leaves me on hold for about 5 minutes, comes back and says they are not answering. I remind her I need it at HSS, whoops, she is trying to schedule me somewhere else. I need HSS bc they have my prior scans to compare. Oh. So she calls HSS. How is Thursday, after 2? Fine I say, she says ok, so I said what time exactly, bc after 2 is not very specific, so she puts me on hold again, 1:00. Fine, sigh, nothing earlier in the week? No. Fine, I take it.

Later in the day, I am not pleased with a Thurs. appointment. This means I won't have results until the following week, the suspense is killing me! So I decide to take matters into my own hands and I call HSS myself, they can do Mon. at 4:30 (too late in the day for me) or Tues at 2:30. Perfect! Sometimes you just have to speak up and do things yourself!

I have been trying to imagine that all of this is synovitis, or the psoas. I go into my old MRI reports, to see what they had shown. Did I have synovitis the first time? No, both reports specifically say no synovitis. I know this doesn't mean much, since he did find it with the scope, but I want to make sure all grounds are covered, and there are no unexpected surprises. My husband would say stop being neurotic, you know too much, but I think this helps keep me more sane than not!

No comments: