Wednesday, July 18, 2007

16 day post-op appointment

This morning I saw Dr. Kelly for my first post-op appointment. I actually didn't have to wait too long and was out the door in less than hour. The visit was short and to the point. He showed me the scope pics, pretty ugly stuff inside my joint, he showed me where the tear was, again, it was a large tear, then he showed he the acetabulum and where he shaved down, and the femur, all with before and after shots. I look at the pics and wonder how I didn't have more pain than I did, and how I was able to function.
The newly done hip looks great, the ROM is good, pretty pain free, I am walking with one crutch, he would like for me to lose the crutch soon. He is happy with the progress. As far as the other side, I didn't make a big deal about it, no matter what the issue, there is nothing to do for it right now. He did say that it is common for the other side to flare up like this, but would like me to try anti-inflammatories if possible (see previous post from June, When it Rains it Pours).

As he was checking my hip, he said "we did the femoral side on this hip, what did we do on the other side?" "not the femoral side, just acetabular", I think I momentarily saw a look of worry on his face, but time will tell what the real issue is. He didn't say much about the numbness, although his research assistant was concerned about it. She stayed back after he had gone to get more info on it. There is nothing to be done, I know that, and luckily he didn't bring up taking Lyrica as his PA suggested he may want.
I am going to post the findings on my 1st and 2nd operative report in the following post, as well as add a link to them on the side bars.

No comments: