Saturday, July 7, 2007

Chugging Along

I am learning to time my Percocet to coincide with activities I want to do. Today for example, I knew I wanted to walk to the park, about 1/3 mile, so I took a Percocet 2 hours before going. For me, it is at its best 2-4 hours after taking it, and I can increase its effect with Tylenol 3-4 hours later. So I walked to the park, I didn't do that until 2 1/2 weeks post-op last time.

I would really like to be off of painkillers in the next few days. My mom is staying with us, doing practically everything, she is amazing. The hard thing is that despite how amazing she is, I really would prefer if I didn't need this "amazingness" and could function on my own. She is my chauffeur, nanny, cook, waiter etc. I also feel bad that she is so bored here because I can't really do to many fun things right now.

Everything seems to be going well except for the persistent numbness, I am still really hopeful that it is a swelling issue, so all this excessive walking is not helpful. I am not capable of staying home, it makes me crazy. I have always been like this, just to give you an idea, one week after my c-section, I was walking around the mall, yes, I was in pain, and exhausted, but I was bored at home, and I needed a diaper bag!

I plan on continuing to ice aggressively, plus I will try ultrasound on a swelling setting on Monday at PT. I am not at all into modalities, I rarely use ultrasound, it is usually a last resort, when nothing else is working, but that is how I feel in this instance. Maybe some retrograde massage will help too, anything to decrease the size of my leg and increase the amount of sensation to it. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!!

No comments: