Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Normalization

Today has been the most normal day I have had since my surgery. I am 3 weeks, 3 days out. Here is how the day went: I took L to camp, went to the dentist (see post below), went to the mall (I don't go to the mall as often as you think, but it is an "activity" for me since I am so bored), took the kids for a walk in the stroller for the first time, fed the kids dinner, bathed the kids, put Jk to bed (L is watching a dvd in my bed).

It feels great to be resuming my normal life again, it is like I am free! I hate depending on others for everything, as much as I hate giving baths, I have never appreciated my ability to actually give a bath before. Yes, I am totally exhausted and ready for bed, I feel like I ran a marathon today, but I completed it!

Things are definetely going so much better this time, I hope it is a sign of how things will be in the future. At this point last time, I was on one crutch, not going to the mall, definetely not pushing my monster truck of a stroller, and not even thinking about giving a bath.

I did develop a slight limp at the mall, a painfree limp though, my hip flexors are still pretty weak and it is a little bit painful to lift my leg, especially when getting into the car, but it will soon resolve. I needed a day like this to lift my spirits and make a add a more positive post to my blog.

When I decided to create a blog, it was with the intention that I would be able to portray a very positive experience with my surgery and rehab...I didn't mean for it to become a place for me to whine and complain all the time, so I apologize. I do hope that in the end, I will have a positive outcome on both sides and can move on with my life and live relatively pain free, it will just be a little longer because of my latest developments. Thank you all for your support and encouragement, it is really helping me get through this.
To those of you who actually have to live with me (if you are reading this), I apologize for turning into super-bitch. I will try to not let me pain and frustrations get the best of me, I will try to stop losing my patience, snapping and yelling. I love you!

No comments: