Thursday, July 12, 2007

More doubt/ bordering fear

I spent the day in bed today, I needed a break, mentally and physically. I sent everyone out of the house and stayed in bed with my gameready and laptop. I have been doing a lot, way too much for being 10 days out of surgery. So I took the day off! While I was in bed, doing nothing, my right hip started hurting. A lot. Shit. Resting pain scares me. I have pinching, decreased ROM, pain with closed chain internal rotation. Shit. This sounds very familiar. Why is this happening? I can't have a new problem every time I go on crutches. I need to lose them ASAP.

Tomorrow I get my stitches out. What a relief, I hate stitches, and they are really bothering me. I have so much trouble sleeping at night because I can't sleep on my stomach. I actually have an aversion to stitches and skin staples, I'm not sure which one more. I can't stand to look at them, much less touch them. the worst part of my c-section was having to decide between the 2. Its not like my OB gave me the option up front, but I expressed my opinion about my aversions to her, she told me I would be happier with the staples. Was I? I guess so, she took them out 36 hours later, and my waxing lady told me recently that my c-section incision is impeccable!!

I won't see Dr. Kelly for the stitches though, I have an appointment next week. I spoke to his PA, she is awesome. I was going to go in to the city and have her do it, but she told me that honestly, it wasn't worth a trip in, even though she would be more than happy to do it, but she knows that I know to wean off of the crutches (already started), I can stop wearing the brace (oops, did that already too), and if I have an infection, she will call in an antibiotic for me, but that is pretty rare. So I will see my GP for the big event!

We spoke about the numbness too. She said he may put me on Lyrica for it, I am not thrilled about that. I have to do my homework on it before I go in, I don't know too much about it, other than that people take it for nerve pain, and I have no pain.

No comments: