Monday, July 16, 2007

2 Weeks post-op

It has been 8 days since I have taken a Percocet, 6 days since I have used my cpm, and 4 days since I have used my Gameready. Do not rely on my blog in order to follow the protocol! I really wanted to spend the whole day on 1 crutch, but ended up at the mall (again) and was doing a lot of walking so I took 2. I also walked tot he pool today, with 2 crutches as well. I have PT tomorrow and nothing else planned so I will hopefully spend the day on 1 crutch.

My mom is going home tomorrow, it is bittersweet, she has been awesome and there is no way I could have done it without her, but I need my independence. If you are thinking about having this surgery done and have kids, you need help, there is no way around it. My mom drove me everywhere the first week, cooked, bathed the kids, cleaned up after them...she was really busy, and I have a full time nanny as well. L cried when I told her "Ma" was leaving. Luckily we see my parents very often, we all have a wedding in early August in Costa Rica, and they will be back in NY for a wedding in late August.

I have been trying one crutch in the house for most of the time, but I know I have been overdoing it since I did experience some pain today, after my painfree day yesterday. I actually woke up with pain, and knew I had done too much yesterday, it is so hard to back down once you have accomplished something. Maybe after PT I will spend the afternoon in bed until my nanny leaves. My day in bed last week made such a huge difference.

But I already knew that this would be a roller-coaster ride...again! My hips are so temperamental, I still can't figure them out! The right hip has been a disaster, it is begging me to lose the crutches for good, and give it the day off!! I will give a full report on PT tomorrow!!

No comments: