Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My newfound love

Pre-op, I loved cortisone, it gave me back my life! Post-op, I am having a love affair with Percocet! Yay, I finally have found a painkiller that isn't killing me. Ok, it isn't perfect, but so far, what a difference! I took one at midnight, 6Am, 12PM and around 5:30pm. I am trying to stay ahead of the pain. I am a drop nauseous, it makes me dizzy and lightheaded, but hey, I am not lying in my bed, curled up in a fetal position, garbage can ready, so to me, this is a HUGE improvement. I am not pain free with it either, but I don't think I could handle 2 pills at a time. Finding a comfortable medium is very important!

I am also icing a lot, it definitely helps too! My Gameready is being put to use often! I still have numbness, swelling and bruising, and need this to go away ASAP!

I ventured out of the house today! I drove to the park to be with L and Jk, then we went to get pizza for lunch! I did fine, thanks to my new found love! Percocet got me through my c-section pain with little side effects too, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.
My hope is that in a few days I can wean down from it and try the Darvocet again, or even the Ultram!

Oh, I just woke up from a Percocet induced sleep to find that I am able to do a mini heelslide!!!

No comments: