Sunday, March 23, 2008

Someone is Watching Over Me...Why Did I Blow It???

As I was ordered, I have stayed away from my spinning bike, I remained compliant for a total of 5 days, but today, the urge was too intense to resist so I rushed through the kid's bedtime, jumped into my workout gear and mounted my bike. I clipped in and attempted a pedal stroke and heard a loud crash/clunk/metal grindy noise that scared the crap out of me. I then lost all resistance on the pedals, and further freaked out as I thought the pedal had fallen off (mind you this whole scenario lasted about half a second). I looked down and saw a piece of the chain hanging down.

Hmmm, maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't be spinning right now, "baloney" I said to myself (actually, it was more like "WTF, I need to ride"), so I emailed the company I had bought it from and the owner got back to me within the hour (on Sunday, on Easter). Obviously, I had to put J on the phone since I had no idea what he was talking about. But between J and our friend and neighbor Dave, the bike was fixed and I got my 'fix'!

I never learn! Need I say more!

No comments: