Monday, March 10, 2008

I Think That If I Ever Wake Up Painfree I May Actually be Dead

So where do I begin the tale of this beautifully hideous Monday. Maybe with the continued knee pain, or with the fact that I am no longer a PT drop out. Yes, you heard correctly. P will have the pleasure of seeing me again (as a patient) on Wed.

Why? Why is this happening? Should I look at this logically, scientifically? Or more in the "why do bad things happen to good people" way? So....the knee pain is there, it is not constant but it can get pretty bad at times. Luckily, it goes just as quickly as it came. But....I must be somehow compensating (ahhhhh....I hate that word) since my right hip (left knee is troublesome) started acting up yesterday. I have been stretching and FABERing and doing all sorts of fun things but I think it is out of my hands now and needs some 'more' professional help. Hence my crawling back to P to work on it and also have a quick look at my knee since I think this is all due to that adductor exercise way back when.

I am pretty sure the hip thing is the adductor insertion point onto the pubis becoming tight and painful, I am also having trouble getting into a full FABER position. Honestly though, I am not very good about stretching on my own and Spinning is all I do for exercise with a (really) quick stretch at the end. Maybe I need to practice what I preach a little bit more.

I will see what P has to say but the thought of even an MRI at this point makes me want to live in pain for the rest of my life. Also, I don't know how much I want to know what is going on in this knee, in grad school I had it x-rayed for similar issues and it showed decreased joint space and an MRI showed a joint effusion. I never followed up bc I had custom orthotics made which helped 99.9% and then I got pregnant with L, finished school, got pregnant with Jk, had 3 hip arthroscopies...so I have been sort of busy. I am seriously hoping that if I am diligent about wearing my orthotics (cut back on the cute Tory Burch's) and start strengthening and stretching the right muscles, things will get better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we need to put this on a t-shirt and wear it to Dr. Kelly's office!!!