Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fun and Games on the Bosu Ball

Whoa, where is your mind wandering off to? J is out of town anyway!
I bought a Bosu ball a long time ago, the kids loved coming to my office and jumping on the mini trampoline but I didn't think it was safe to have in the house since the springs made me nervous. So I took them back to my office to try the Bosu and they loved it, they call it the "jumping toy". It has been in my living room forever and I just decided to try the video it came with.

First off, my abs are shot. Beyond shot, they are just about non-existent. I had to modify some of the exercises ALOT bc of my weakness. There was also one exercise where you lie sideways across the bosu and hold your legs up off of the floor, my adductors were too weak to keep the bottom leg off of the floor.

All I can say is thank goodness I was in the privacy of my living room and not at the gym, I would have been mortified!

I did squats, lunges, balancing....the hips did pretty well, the right one did give some indication that the bouncing was not a good idea by throwing in some occasional groin pain. The knee was not happy at all with the squats and step ups, and I didn't even attempt any of the twisting exercises.
It was a short, condensed video but I am going to look into finding some more, with mainly ab work.

I can't believe my abs have come to this, I knew they were weaker but this is bad. Time to kick up the workouts a notch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. i cant believe you let him out knowing what your governor (spitzer) just got caught doing...