Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My So Called Life (Part 2)

Left knee has been bad, right hip is yelling at me to fix left knee so it can go back to optimal function. J is being a complete ass about the whole thing, as if I wished this upon myself. I wish men in general were more understanding about the way women work, think and act. He asked me what body part will be next, since it seems like a pattern going on, this time a zig-zag, since we went right hip,left hip, right hip and now left knee.Maybe next will be right ankle? J, I hope you never have to experience any ortho issues bc heaven knows I won't be as supportive as I could be, or should be. As the husband of a PT, you could receive optimal treatment from diagnosis to recovery, but you will be on your own.

Ok, I am (sort of) done venting. Am I the only one with a partner who is totally clueless?

I had pain for the first 20 minutes of my spin tonight, then 10 minutes of "OK" then I had to stop. I iced and now I feel swollen and tight (there is no obvious visible swelling). I am tempted to make an appt with Dr Kelly to figure this out, but am mentally exhausted from all of this. I know, I should, but it is a lot to process right now. There is a lot going on in my life these days. Maybe he can offer a quick fix, like cortisone, I love cortisone!!!! I am in no way shape or form accepting surgery as an option right now, which is why I sort of feel a visit with him is a waste, ah, the beauty of having to make simple decisions. And, nothing says I can't cancel the appointment once it is made. But once I make an appointment, it makes this more real, or in J's eyes, makes me more crazy and neurotic, and needy too. J, maybe you should post a comment in your defense, if you have one. If not, stay tuned to more husband bashing to come in the future.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Susie *hugs* the last thing you need to deal with is an unsupportive hubby! It's not like you bring these injuries upon yourself, some people just have bad luck and unfortunately you got more than your fair share! I think you should make an appointment...this doesn't mean surgery, just means you can have the issues looked at and maybe start some conservative treatments to prevent the problem becoming worse, especially if it is affecting your hip/s, you don't want them being angry after you've been through so much to get them right!
Am thinking of you on the other side of the world!

J, I'd love to hear an explanation. Together in sickness and in health?? hmmm c'mon!

Anonymous said...

excuse me! not my fault my wife is a PITA

Jess said...

:-O I cannot believe you just said that. I am disgusted.
You may be the only person able to give Susie the comfort and support she needs to get through these things. She should be able to feel she can talk to you when nobody else understands and have your support all of the way. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Susie, maybe you should let J fend for himself a bit to make him realise how much you actually do for him despite your injuries and pain. I'm so sorry he's being such an ass, we are here for you xx

Susie said...

J, you better have something nice to say very soon, or you will be sleeping on the couch