Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ok, Its Really Not Funny Anymore

BODY....STOP! I am just besides myself at this point. A while back I did some stupid stuff in PT at the insistence of P, who was looking out for my best interests. I was too weak and I knew it, but tried the exercise anyway. Now, 3 months later, I am pretty sure I tore my meniscus. Cute right! Unfortunately (or fortunately), this is going to be ignored to the fullest bc I am not even interested in knowing the extent of he damage to my knee or what my options are to correct it. I think 3 surgeries in 8 months is plenty for now. The knee is tolerable and only hurts when (what I am assuming to be the ) torn piece gets in the way of the joint. Also, if I wear good shoes with orthotics I feel better. So what's one more injury at this point? I am I 27 or 72? Sometimes I forget.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh dear :-( don't let it get too bad before you have it checked out! Hopefully you just overdid things a bit and it is inflamed? Fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

You are like 300 years old if you ask my niece. I am 4100 according to her... I think you are catching up!!

Susie said...

I think this one may have to take a backseat as I am trying to get my life in order again! J even jokingly said that he thinks I should get a bonus since I have actually worked now 4 whole months without a surgery! Jess- you understand this- I am more embarassed than anything at this point, it is pathetic that these things keep happenning! Hopefully time will heal!

Amy- If you ask L, I am 16 and J is 100!

Jess said...

I do understand, it's awful when it's one thing after the other and people don't take you seriously, makes you feel like you have to put on a brave face and act like nothing is wrong. I hope you feel better soon, take it easy :-)
Love the comments about how old people are lol