Wednesday, March 5, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Today marks exactly 1 year from my first ever hip arthroscopy. This was supposed to be the ONLY surgery but as luck would have it, it opened the flood gates and resulted in 2 more surgeries, bringing me to a whopping 3 hip arthroscopies in only 8 months. Its like winning the lottery! hahaha!

1 year ago today, at this time, I was most likely downing a Vicodin and in a ton of pain. I actually remember very well that I decided (stupidly) to sleep through the night and went 8 hours with NO pain meds. When I woke up in the morning, I lunged for the bottle and took 2. That began the vomiting with hipscope #1. I learned after that and never went more than 4-6 hours without drugs. I even went to to PT the next morning (absolutely barbaric) and lunch, but that was where the fun ended. It was back to praying to the porcelain god for me!!

I ended up getting Compazine (pretty light weight for me) and Ultram because my pain was so bad, I stayed on the Ultram for 2 weeks. I was in a lot of pain after the first scope. I imagine that it was due to the f---ing impingement remaining in my hip. I noticed a huge difference immediately following scope #2, even from day 1. Its a shame that my left hip didn't become painful first.It would have saved me a lot of time, pain and a hell of a lot of aggravation.

One year later, the results speak for themselves. Yes, there were a few extra (not so) minor bumps in the road, but the important thing is the end result, and my hips rock (for the most part)!

Too bad I didn't begin my blog 1 year ago, but like I have said, I didn't think there would be anything to blog about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

???so do we wish you a happy anniversary??? glad you are doing well. someday i will be in your place...3 scopes and all! thanks for sharing your experiences.
soccermom