Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good People Really do Exist in This World

Warning- not orthopedically related but I really had to share

On Wednesday morning, I put my ipod and phone in my coat pocket and proceeded out the door to my car. We live in NY, so my parking lot is about a block away, a HUGE luxury (seriously). I started the car, stuck my hand in my pocket, and there was no ipod. Shit. Where is it. I assumed I had just thought that I had out it in my pocket but really left it in the kitchen since I have been borderline crazy this week again. When I got to work, I called J and asked him to check the kitchen for me. He forgot, but I assumed all was well. I got home and there was no ipod. My nanny hadn't seen it and L and Jk swore they hadn't touched it. To add insult to injury, my first ipod had been stolen about 1 year ago when I found a super parking spot in front of my building and chose not to park in the lot. Stupidly, I left the ipod in plain site, someone smashed my window and snatched the ipod and the thingy to listen to it through the radio. Buying ipods cannot become a yearly event.

By Friday I had decided it was gone, J was being nice and had loaned me his ipod, probably for fear that I would just go out and buy myself a new one without first truly searching every inch of the apartment. Last night, J went out and called me from the car. 'There is a note on the car " he said, "Did you lose something pink? Call me". Holy shit, it was my parking neighbor. "What did you lose that is pink?" J asked "MY IPOD". Hurray! I am totally shocked. How nice are my parking neighbors?I don't even know them, if I have seen them 1x it is a lot. They live across the street so I will go retrieve it today.

Just in time for me to resume Spinning, as I was 'ordered' to "modify my activities and NOT spin". It is not working bc I am stil in a motherload of pain, so why not do what makes me happy, it is not making a difference!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yay! That could have been expensive! That person deserves chocolate :-)