Saturday, March 29, 2008

5 Month and 9 Month Hip Updates

I haven't mentioned my hips in a while as other things have taken precedence lately. But here we go:

I am back to normal, or as normal as I will get with scoped hips. I will not use the treadmill, I think it is too hard on them and I really want to keep "these" hips for as long as possible.
I am getting more aches and pains now than I did before the knee thing (BTKT) began, so I totally attribute it to compensation. Previously, I had almost no achiness. Now I occasionally get achiness, right more than left (right was scoped twice), my adductors still get spasmy occasionally, more now than BTKT. I also now have a alot of clunking and clicking in both, I think left more than right. It is painless but loud. I have gotten into he habit of "cracking" my back, so I use various techniques, adopted from what I would use in the clinic. I always say that whatever needs to crack will crack with a manipulation, so at time, I will be focusing on my low back/ SI joint and will get a nice crack in a hip. I still hold onto the theory that it is scar tissue, and I don't worry one drop about it because it is painless, there is no FAI in either hip anymore so I won't tear my labrum again, plus, a good chunk of labrum was debrided so even less likely to tear (bc it is gone), and it is important to stay positive.

My IT bands get tight and tender sometimes, but I think they always were, even before the hip shit started. My "invisible bruise" on the right is still there, believe it or not. It does not interfere with my life anymore and the box of lidocaine patches sits on my desk, untouched. The area does consistently get smaller but the pain level is about the same, just in a smaller area.

I can push my stroller with no hip pain, I spin with no hip pain, I work with no hip pain, what more can I ask for :-)
A big part of healing, and healing well, is staying positive, focusing your energies and returning to life and moving past this messy chapter, and always remembering, things could always be worse!

No comments: