Monday, October 1, 2007

3 month Update

It has been 3 months since my second hipscope, wow, time flies when you're having fun! The left hip is doing great, fabulous, awesome!!!! I am thrilled with the results. I have minimal groin pain when doing a lot of walking, and the only other time I really experience any pain is when doing plie's at work, still getting adductor pain on the way up. I think I can live with that!

P took measurements for me today, here are my ROM and strength test results:
ROM:
Right hip flexion: 110' with pain, 112' with severe pain
Left Hip flexion: 120'
External Rotation: R: 42' L: 35'
Internal Rotation: R: 36' L: 38'

Strength:
Seated Hip Flexion: R: 4+/5 L: 4+/5
Prone Hip Extension: R: 4/5 L: 4-/5
Sidelying Hip Abduction: R: 4/5 L:4/5
Seated Hip External Rotation: R: 4/5 L: 4-/5
Seated Hip Internal Rotation: R: 4/5 L: 4/5
Supine Straight Leg Raise: R: 3+/5 L: 3+/5

My PT exercises have not changed since the last time I listed them, I have added a new exercise, I do not have a name for it, I'm sure P does. I will describe it. I stand on the left leg, P places a cone directly in front of me, one to my right, and one behind and slightly to the left. The objective is to touch each cone with my foot, they are placed so I must reach for them, and the one behind me requires rotation and extension, very challenging. I am supposed to add sidelying straight leg raise in adduction but I keep forgetting!

My hope is that once my right leg is 'taken care of', it will do as well as the left! As it stands right now, I think the ROM is as good as it will be, but the strength can improve a bit!!

No comments: