Friday, October 19, 2007

Surgery #3...scheduled

It is now written in stone (well, not really), my surgery will be Nov. 12, that is 3 weeks from Monday, really soon!

I guess they got the message after last night's email!! I received a call this morning from Dr. Kelly at 7:45. I was already exercising, no chance of waking me up at that time! He said based on everything (read older posts if you don't know what 'everything is), he feels confident that surgery will help. He will address the cam and will NOT release my psoas. He wants to release adhesions in the psoas and do a bursectomy, but, and I asked, more than once, this will not require him to release my psoas. He said that he can't in 'good conscious' release it. He even offered to give me the tool he uses to release the psoas to hold, so he has no access to it!!!
No CPM, no Gameready, Brace as needed, not a huge deal! I have to email his PA and remind her about my Percocet/ Zofran cocktail!! I requested the same anesthesiologist who did my first 2, and first case of the day if possible!

I think that covers everything. What am I going to do for 3 weeks? Oh, Spin!!!! I just finished another fabulous ride! It is amazing how much energy I have while on the bike and how I can spin through the pain, I always pay the next day but it is soooo worth it!!!

3 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Oh Susie - three surgeries in one year is just too much! I'm so sorry. But - I am glad Dr. Kelly feels confident that he can fix that hip for good. (Also, funny that he has a sense of humor about giving you the psoas release "tool" - I wonder what he would've said had you taken him up on the offer!)

Anyway, I hope the third time is a breeze and that by the end of 2007 all this hip "crap" is but a distant memory. Hang in there!

Susie said...

I think he is so caught off-gaurd, I mean how many of you have made surgical requests (demands???) to your surgeon, the one who will be holding sharp tools while you are asleep!!! I am just keeping him on his toes!!! He likes it!!!

Anonymous said...

for my 21st birthday i got you a surgery and a live in nurse. tahnks for stealing my mom.