Saturday, October 27, 2007

Inconsistencies

I have been a lax blogger this week, other than posting the pics of the kiddies. Truth be told, I have been lax with many things. Things got pretty bad in the Crohn's world, which leaves me feeling blah! I did not go for a walk with the kids once this whole week and neglected my beauty of a bike. I passed out every night once the kids were in bed. I had a terrible reaction to a drug, luckily I had leftover Zofran from scope #2 to get me through the day. I am still in the drug 'experimental' phase, it is a trial and error game coming up with the right combination. I have been so frustrated with all of this plus my awful reaction to the meds, I have decided to seek alternative treamtent and am trying acupuncture this week (thursday). My friends are in shock that I am being more 'open minded'. I am in no way expecting a cure (that is too far fetched for me) but maybe some symptom relief, stress relief, pain relief, and added energy??? I hope this is all a possibility.

Being that I sat on my ass for most of the week, my hip has been fabulous. I had so little pain and discomfort...until today. Why? after 5 days of doing nothing, I experienced that 'spongy' feeling in the joint, like something is there that shouldn't be there. I am now even more convinced my labrum is torn, even though my OS is 'confident' it is not. It has bothered me all day, that sponginess, even after an hour and a half nap, which has left me groggy and eager for more sleep!!!

I am fast approaching my 4 month left side anniversary. I think I am at 17 weeks now, which is the point at which things went seriously downhill for the right. Let's hope this will not be a repeat scenario and I can have a bilateral happy ending!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh susie -
I'm so sorry you've had to deal with Crohn's *on top of* all the hip stuff -!!
& hope you're sleeping better now (seems that you are -?)
KTnmgqmxg

Anonymous said...

(oops --
where all that gobledygook came from
at the end of my sig
I *do not* know.....
;-)
KT