Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ultrasound Guided Psoas Injection

If you ever have the choice between getting your hip joint injected or your psoas, go with the joint. It really hurt. It hurts now, alot, I am limping. At least I was smart enough to go get waxed last week since they inject slightly higher than when the joint is done.

In the past, my injections have taken 20 minutes start to finish, this was 1 hour. First, the radiologist had to find the correct place to inject. He injected the local and that was fine. Then the big needle came, it took him a fair amount of time to slowly guide it into the correct place, at one point he said he was going to angle it differently. This whole process really hurt, it was not sharp pain but a lot of pressure and a weird pain. He did hit one area that apparently was not numb, but it was for one quick second. (just walked away from computer to pop a Darvocet).

There was a long period of time that the needle was in me as he moved it around and injected various things, also, he added some more local anesthetic partway through.

Before injecting, he motion tested me to see what hurt and had me give a painscale number, so flexion, 7/10, flexion with IR and adduction, 10/10, ER with abduction, 0/10. He retested after the injection, I went to 5/10, 3/10, 0/10 respectively. But the whole hip HURT. I told him, he said the muscle is sore from the needle. Holy shit, is it ever.
I limped out of the hospital and came straight home, and am still limping now. This better get better soon, I am an unhappy camper, and now I think I have mixed results with this injection! Dr. Kelly will have to sort it out tomorrow!!!

12 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Ouch! Glad you have that over with - I hope it's the last hip injection you ever need!

Good luck with your next appt!

Anonymous said...

yikes Susie -- I sure hope you're sleeping OK tonight!... and of course that you'll get some answers out of all this........ : -o
oo
KT

Susie said...

Just woke up- still hurts and I can't actively flex my hip or do a heel slide.

Anonymous said...

i ahve been an avid reader of your blog but for the last few days i have been busy and haven't had time to read.
i must tell you that i enjoy reading it because it is educational and entretaining however i will no longer read it because i am not inetrested in knowing all your problems with your domestic help.
i must tell you that you are abusing the blog by writing about your personal issues.
i am sure that more than one of your readers feels this way but probably i am the only one with "cojones" to tell you
so........
goodnight nobody

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

"Abusing the blog" ?! It is HER blog, she can write about whatever she wants!!!

Ahhhhhh! (Had to get that off my chest!)

Keep up the good work, Susie!

Anonymous said...

funnelcloud rachel.....
it is susie's blog to write about her hips not small talk
maybe she should have a blog for people that are interested in that type of stuu
how to handle your nanny
btw susie has no idea how to.....

Susie said...

Raul- please keep your nasty comments to yourself, and you are no longer welcome to read my blog. Please don't come back.

Sloan said...

Dear Suzie. I just read this and is horrified to read the comments from raul whoever he is. Can you beleive that there are people like that in this world?? I guess they need to have this happen to them to have compassion for someone else. As if these issues are not exhausting enough. I can just imagine having small kids and going through this. But on the bright side I am so happy to have my family. It is truly one of the reasons I keep trekking. And please continue to write EVERYTHING...Plus he needs to get a lesson in writing English.

Anonymous said...

I am getting ready to have that injection. I was trying to find out information about it and your blog was very informative. Although I am now not looking forward to it even more.
I'll have to take some pain meds before along with anxiety medication I think.
Kim

Anonymous said...

Went in to my pain management clinic today for a follow up from my hip injection to find out that they wanted to do a psoas injection. I was NOT prepared! Wished I would have waxed like you did. I didn't even shave my legs!! Now I am in pain and humiliated.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog whilst searching for info. about psoas injections as I am due to have one next week. Very informative, wish it wasn't so long ago, would love to hear how things turned out for you.
This raul@cargorama.com person is an idiot, apparently he not only has crappy spelling skills (not necessarily his fault) but hasn't a clue as to what a blog is. Funny.

rtusharkumarrastogi said...

Great Job done your content is very help full.I have got more information through your blogUltrasound guided injection is good. blog like these are very helpful for us. It is always good to read and upgrade ourselves.
Regards
Ultrasound guided injection