Sunday, December 20, 2009

Turning The Bend

I just realized I haven't posted in a few days, my sincerest apologies! Things have definitely gotten a lot better since we last spoke! Thursday I had PT again. She had me doing some more standing exercises, including mini wall squats and hip flexion/abduction. The flexion/abduction was fine on the operated leg but the non-op leg was fatiguing quickly. She also added some passive adduction to stretch the ITB. It went well and I felt really good afterwards.

I think I am officially done with painkillers, yay!!! I am also pretty much done with crutches, I have been taking one with me when I am out of the house but think that starting tomorrow I will ditch it. My external rotation is a bit too good right now, which is my only concern. I don't think there is anything that can be done, but there is almost no tension when I accidentally, without thinking, externally rotate. I like to do this thing where I will half indian style sit on one leg when in a chair, I have done this on the op leg and had no pain or restriction. I also wake up with it externally rotated sometimes. I hope this is ok. I don't see BK until 1/20 and don't think this is an issue that I have to call or email about. I will run it by my PT though, just in case.

My thigh pain is getting better, finally! As is the bruise on the side of my hip. An issue that I am not happy with s that my ankle swells, and my hip still feels swollen. I don't remember this much swelling in the past, and although the ankle swelling is minor, only noticeable to me, and probably not seen by anyone since I usually wear boots when I am out, it is still concerning.

I don't plan on leaving the house today since we are basically snowed in. On the bright side, I finally was moved up on the waiting list and got an indoor parking spot (trust me, in NY, this is huge), especially since I have been getting really fed up with my outdoor lot, but have not had any issues with them since the infamous "hell" issue!

No comments: