Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ouch!

Ok, I need to back off a little bit, I can actually feel the inflammation in my hip making a comeback, with more swelling all the way down my leg. So far I've had 2 days off of crutches, and PT yesterday. Again, PT was great, she had me on the leg press at 75 lbs, doing wall squats, hamstring curls with a 2 lbs ankle weight, prone hip extension with my knee bent with a 2 lbs ankle weight, quadruped hip extension, eccentric SLRs, plus a lot of what we have already been doing. Not only was I exhausted last night but I was in pain, so I hit the Vicodin before bed. I am still in bed now and just feeling a lot of heaviness in my leg, soreness in the groin and butt.
We discussed my concerns over the excessive ER. She thinks that it is tight enough now to prevent it from sliding around in the joint now, but that I will have my full range, or close to it, since all the muscles are already stretched out. She is having me strengthen my internal rotators to try to help.

Just as a precaution, I emailed BKs PT about it too, I haven't heard back, but there was a nationwide blackberry outage last night so I hope it went through!

I think I would benefit from a daily anti-inflammatory, but this option is out, I am left with taking Tylenol during the day and if needed, Vicodin at night.

3 comments:

Sloan said...

I see your concerns with the er. I was unable to externally rotate for at least a couple years. Not until seeing the myofascia guy was I able to do so. Still get some popping in the joint once in a while when doing Er and adduction. The other problem is that the other leg is so comfortable doing so. Too much sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Susie, a great natural anti-inflammatory is fish oil! I took it after my hip scope, and am still taking it 2 years later (it's good for a lot of things!). Make sure you get a brand that is free of contaminants, such as Carlson or Nordic Naturals, and take 2-3 gms/day. Happy holiday, hang in there! Gia

Susie said...

Thanks!! I will go to the healthfood store tomorrow after PT!