Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Think I an Offiially Retire My Crutches

3 weeks to the day of my 4th surgery and I ventured out of the house sans crutches. It was super snowy and icy and I felt that given that I had been walking around the house without them for a while, they may become more of a liability outside. I went to the mall and did way too much walking. On top of that I did a little Target shopping too. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I was done. I did have some soreness and discomfort while I was walking, and my gait is definitely off one way or another. I almost feel like I look a little drunk at times, especially if I am really fatigued. I had pain last night but I managed without any meds. Today will be day 2 of no crutches. I have PT later this morning, I will share with my therapist my concerns over the excessive ER and see what she has to say about it. I will report back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i am soooooo jealous! i had surgery 2 wks before you and i am still stuck in this brace and on these crutches!

glad you are doing well. interested to hear about the ER.

soccermom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making progress! Congrats!

Thanks for the updates. Reading your experiences coupled with the medical details is very helpful.

CJ