Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I Re-Re-Re Discovered

I have probably said this a hundred times but...when I do nothing I feel better! Since the airport/ Vicodin night, I have done nothing. I have left the house twice, once to go to Starbucks and once to go out to dinner. Zk has been really sick, so I haven't wanted to take him anywhere. He is feeling better, nothing like a round of Amoxicillin with a dose of Prednisone (really bad wheezing and probable ear infection). So for 3 days I have barely moved, and had almost no pain. Its amazing, Zk was finally a little better tonight and I had to try to keep up with him and I could feel soreness returning. Nothing of concern, I mean, I did have surgery 4 weeks ago, but what a difference the activity level makes. This is like after surgery #3, when I couldn't get out of bed for a week because I was so nauseous, my hip felt great!
I have been doing a lot of indoor activities with the other kids too, because I don't want to run around outside just yet. I have sat in indian style more than once, I mean, come on, how can I build a kick ass Thomas track, or a Lego city? I don't do it on purpose, it just happens. It is also hard to sit with Zk on the bed without ER in that hip. I am changing diapers, nebulizing, feeding etc.

I have been sleeping mostly on my non-op side, and I need a pillow in between my knees or else the op side hurts. Also, I am disappointed with the persistent swelling in my thigh all the way to my foot. I need it to go away, it is really uncomfortable.

No comments: