Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crutching Away

I have been going back and forth between 1 and 2 crutches these days. I use one in the house for the most part, unless I am in a lot of pain, then I use 2. Or, if the kids are being especially needy, then I use none. Like when I 'lost' zk only to find him splashing around in the toilet. So I had to give him a bath! We have been ok so far, J came home at a decent hour last night to get everyone into bed.

I had PT today, and am progressing slowly but steadily. I am very happy so far with my PT, and especially happy with her conservative manner. I don't feel the need to rush this at all, and everything will come back with time. I was feeling a little discouraged with my flexion ROM, but she measured it today at 113', so I am pretty happy. She did a little bit of passive extension, to 15', and measured my ER at 30', we won't be pushing that anytime soon. I have been concerned about having excessive ER at this point but this made me feel better.

We are going to Miami next week, I hope to be done with crutches by then!!!

3 comments:

Sloan said...

Just what you need some nice weather. Amazing what that can do for healing. Nothing like a nice margarita as well.Enjoy

Anonymous said...

that is what i could use....a trip to miami. maybe J wants to stay home and i could go in his place????? :)
soccermom

Susie said...

If you will take care of the kids he would trade in an instant!