Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am Defnitely Going To Hell

Today started out like any other Thursday, I was in housewife mode, I went food shopping in the morning, and then decided to meet my sister in the city. I decided to leave my car at home and take public transportation since the car usually becomes more of a burden in the city, plus, with the price of gas and parking, I was trying to be economical and eco-friendly. See, I am also VERY lucky, I have a parking spot. It is not in the indoor, valet garage in my building. That one has a long waitlist. It is about a block away, outdoors, on a poorly paved empty lot, but it is a HUGE luxury in NY. For the 6 months that we did not have a spot, I hated going out early in the day bc I would surely home home during "alternate side" and not be able to find a spot. I also didn't like to go out too late bc then there would be no spots left on the street. Having a spot gives me freedom, plus I sleep a lot better at night knowing my car won't be ticketed (again).

So today I received a call from a woman who works at the office who manages the garage. We are being kicked out of our spot bc someone who lives in the building adjacent to the lot needs a spot. What a load of crap. I have been parking there for 1 1/2 years. Apparently, I was the last one in the lot, so I am the first to get the boot. Well, I was furious, and yelled and screamed, but to no avail. So I had J call, bc I am too emotionally involved.

J didn't know what to do, so here is what happened in the conversation between J and the man at the parking place:
Man: Look, I am really sorry but the owner of the lot also owns apartments in the building and he is renting one out and needs a parking spot for the tennant.
J: But we have been with you for 1 1/2 years, we are good tennants, and we had no idea this was a possibility, we would have had a back-up plan in this case.
Man: I know, I'm sorry, but you are tenants at will, there is no contract, we don't even bill you, you just send us a check each month.
J: Look, I work in the city, I have 2 kids and my wife is disabled
Man: Oh, she's disabled
J: Yes, she just had 3 surgeries.....
Man: Oh, I see, I'm so sorry, let me see if there is someone else we can kick out, I will get back to you

So you see, we have a little white lie going here. Yes, I had 3 surgeries, but I am far from disabled. We are sooooooo going to hell for this. But parking is such a HUGE deal for me....
Can you feel the jewish guilt????????????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! You are too funny. I got a handicapped tag this surgery and I am enjoying every minute of it. now i do feel bad using a handicapped spot when i don't consider myself handicapped but i am so tired of crutching all over the place the last year.
my advice to you is to limp to your car everyday in case someone is watching :)
soccermom

Anonymous said...

Well, didn't that just crack a huge smile on my face lol I agree with Soccermom, you should limp or walk with a cane to and from your car in case someone is watching lol J just earned a brownie point.

Anonymous said...

gee J, see those surgeries did come in handy now didn't they?
soccermom

Anonymous said...

Hell is a wonderful place, just ask my IT band!! You are disabled in a way. If you wind up having to do a lot of walking because of the parking situation, you could aggravate your hip.

Just let Josh handle it, and all will be well. Besides, he is the one who told the white lie, he will be the one to go to hell!!

Anonymous said...

whos this sister of yours? does she have a name? picture?

Alessea said...

Susie-I dont think hell is that easy to get to, and to be technically correct-you are disabled somehow...in my human development paper last year we had this discussion and in reality everyone has some kind of disability. You dont need to limp or crutch to your car "remember that some disabilities are hidden" ...and nowhere did you state that J said what your disability was or even if it affected you in a way that necessitated a parking space! Oh and since my emails dont seem to get to you I am linking your blog on my blog so let me know if thats not ok and I will take it off again!
Felicia

Susie said...

Thanks for the support everyone! I know where to go if i need to petition my spot!
Felicia- when have you emailed me? I haven't had one from you in a while and I check my spam regularly. Are you sending to
Suzq613@aol.com
Anyway, yes, it is ok to link to my blog, what is your blog address?