Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swollen Swollen Swollen

That is the best way to describe my thigh right now. It is so gross! I really feel like it will burst open any minute, I feel like when the sutures come out tomorrow, the leg is going to explode. My bruise is getting more purple each day. I also have a faint black and blue line around my shin, must be from the boots in traction.

I had PT today and was complaining about tightness and tenderness to the ITB. My PT worked on it, and kept asking if I was ok, if it hurt, could I tolerate more etc.....it was basically numb. She could do whatever she wanted and I barely felt it. Its not numb numb bc I feel something, so we will refer to it as parasthesia, or decreased sensation. The front and lateral aspect of my thigh have decreased sensation. Hopefully once the swelling goes down it will get better.

I am afraid to put on anything other than sweatpants, I don't want any material rubbing on my thigh, or anything tight around it. So I am going into week 2 of sweats only!

I have my post-op appointment tomorrow, I plan on asking why I look like I had the crap beaten out of me (i.e. huge purple bruise on the side of my thigh) and if I should possibly go back on an anti-inflammatory for a while to bring down the swelling. I will let you know what he says...

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yikes! I was lucky, only had a tiny amount of bruising and my swelling was pretty localised and went down very quickly...
hope you are feeling better soon, are you icing?

Anonymous said...

i have much more swelling this time as well...i am 3wks out and i can tell by the end of the day that my thigh is really swollen... because i have to loosen this oh, so lovely brace!

sorry you were "beat" :)
soccermom

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, all that swelling sounds horrible.

I just keep thinking about how this is your fourth start and it must be so frustrating.

Hang in there. I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
CJ

Susie said...

soccermom- he thinks the bruising and swelling is related to the capsule stuff...explains alot.
It is so gross! I live on ice these days, hopefully by next week it will go down!