Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Venting...again

HE DIDN'T CALL AGAIN!
I called and left a message today (thanks for the prompting Jess!!), now I am in desperation mode...I need to know! to make matters worse, I am going out of town tomorrow, and am not sure if I will have cell phone service where I am going, so this will bring me to a week from today for finding out! (cover your ears) AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok, I feel a little better now that I got that out!!! So, how am I doing? I can't do a straight leg raise...still. I had PT today, and P checked out the SLR issue. I feel pathetic enough about this whole situation, but not being able to do a SLR is just icing on the cake!! Usually, my patients who have trouble with SLR are 90 year old ladies who have had knee replacements!

So P had to help my leg move! And, I could not complete the downward cycle of the SLR because at about 30', I begin to get very unstable in the joint, it feels like the femoral head is jumping inside the joint. P thought maybe my rotators were still too weak to stabilize the joint, so we did some IR/ER exercises and tried the SLR again. One full SLR, up and down, with minimal problems! Whoohoo!! It worked! Great, we both said, then time for SLR #2, my leg wouldn't go!! P tried to help it up, but it just collapsed down to the table, amidst crazy giggling from me. Time to feel pathetic again!

My homework for my vacation is to work on hip flexion in the water, how exciting!!!

My left side was in awful pain last night, which raised my anxiety level just a touch!!! It turned out to be severe muscle tightness, mainly TFL and adductors. I put some lotion on my fingertips and gently glided the length of the tendons for a few minutes, this did the trick! I am unable to inflict upon myself the pain I would inflict upon my own patient with these symptoms, or the pain I knew P would be inflicting upon me this morning, but my pseudo muscle release was enough to allow me to sleep last night!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

*HUGS* you WILL get your results...keep pestering them. Does your surgeon have to tell you or can someone just read/fax them to you? Even if you could see what they've written would help!
Try to enjoy your holiday! Keep working on that slr and you'll get it :-) Thinking of you

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Susie - I hope you get some answers. Keep calling back until you do! I keep checking back here to see if you have any news!

Yona said...

Susie,
What you are going through sounds exhausting. Hang in there. So, hip flexion in the pool, eh? You really live a wild life! And regarding the SLR, remember, those 90 year old TKA patients get it back eventually - and you've got a 63 year advantage over them. You'll get there!
Best,
Yona