Saturday, August 25, 2007

Psoas Problems

I am on vacation (yes, again), just for the weekend. So I have practically sat on my ass for 24 hours, so yes, my right hip is in 'labral heaven'. My left hip has decided to be fresh, and it feels like every muscle has gone into spasm. I don't think I did anything too extreme. J was away on business so I did all the packing for this trip, but it didn't bother me (rather, it didn't bother my hip). It started Thursday, my adductors felt tight, and it hurt me to ER the left hip. This is fine, in my book, painful ER can only be from muscular things, and as long as there is no painful IR, I can be free and clear of any joint issues. P worked on the adductors, and left me a nice bruise, but they feel better.
But this muscle pain is awful. I have narrowed it down to the psoas, good old psoas. I feel like it has adhered to something, and I want it to 'pop' and be free. I have been stretching the heck out of it all day and it has helped a little. I also did some soft tissue work on psoas, iliacus and sartorius today, so now it is only psoas that is being a pain.
I would like someone to manipulate this hip anteriorly, but I don't think I will be able to convince P it is a good idea, but I will definitely try on Monday! That way, the joint can be pushed just past the end range and free up my motion a little (hopefully).

I was actually limping earlier today, real, actual limping, how pathetic. I still cannot understand why my muscles decide to turn on me in such ways. I would think getting in the pool would be helpful but it is so friggin' cold, I don't think it would be worth it!! I will continue to do some soft tissue work on it and update on this when I get home Sunday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-o
...... KT