Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Highlights From My MRI

I am missing the last page of the MRI report (sound familiar), hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get it (sigh), nothing can be simple, ever!!!

To illustrate the absurdity of my life at times, the chinese delivery person no longer rings my doorbell or knocks on my door, rather, just pushes it open and announces her arrival. I guess she feels that being 'invited' over 3 times per week (at a minimum) has made her a part of our family, and she can simply come and go as she pleases! The doorman no longer calls up when she arives, not that we would turn away food, regardless of whether we had ordered it or not!!!

Ok, back to the MRI, once I have the full report, I will type it up and add it, in the meantime I will just point out the parts I found interesting. Both hips are observed on the scan.
Left hip (most recently operated on, not reason for MRI)- incidental note is made of a moderate amount of fluid in the left hip joint, not present on prior study on 1/07. In addition, mild high signal is demonstrated in the anterior margin of the proximal left gluteus medius and minimus muscle, without established muscular atrophy.
Right hip- mild bony offset at head-neck junction of the proximal right femur that may contribute to a cam-type femoroacetabular impingement. There is an attenuated and frayed anterior labrum, as well as a deficient anterosuperior labrum, without a displaced tear.
Progressive Chondral loss is seen in the interval since the prior study of 1/07 with focal small full thickness defect over the superomedial margin of the acetabular dome, adjacent to anterosuperior labral detachment. (Rest of cartilage looks good, no synovitis, muscles and tendons look good, nothing going on in the pelvis)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PROGRESSIVE CHONDRAL LOSS-- ?!
EEESH~!!!
:-O
..KT......