Monday, September 17, 2007

Today's accomplishments

I sit in front of my computer with a CT scan report and Dr. Millis' address!
Here's what happenned:
I forgot that I was pissed off at Dr. Kelly's office staff and I called them to get the report. It worked, they had 'just received it' and she was going to 'put it on his desk'. I asked her to fax me the report and leave him a note to call me.
I have the report, but no phone call as of today (we know how this goes).
So....here are some lovely excerpts from the report:
-Evaluation of the osseous structures demonstrates a deformity in the anterior aspect of the head-neck junction of the right hip. This may represent a postsurgical site for a femoral dysplastic bump and correlation with the clinical history is requested.
-Findings suggestive of postoperative change in the anterior aspect of the head-neck junction of the right hip presumably representing resection of the dysplastic bump. There is irregularity to the cortex in this location, however, this does not appear to represent subchondral cystic change.

Are you still with me? Did you notice anything funny? If you are a die-hard "Goodnight Nobody" fan, you should have. Ready....WHY THE HELL ARE THEY SEEING POST-OP CHANGES ON THE FEMORAL HEAD NECK JUNCTION WHEN THERE WAS NO SURGERY THERE. AHHHHHHHHHH
Ok, glad to get that off my chest! The report is dated the day of my scan at 3:32pm, my appt was at 2pm, that is pretty good. The friggin' radiologist could have called me to find out what exactly was done during surgery, or called Kelly's office.

So I am waiting to speak to Dr. Kelly on that!
I called Dr. Millis' office to find out what to do. I left a message, on a machine, and got a call back on the same day from a real live person who was actually helpful. Maryanne was super nice, took my information and told me to send my stuff (x-rays, MRI's, CT scan, office notes and op-reports), Dr. Millis will look at them and determine if I should come in or not. The only problem is that I do not have the x-rays, I will have to call for them tomorrow, and I anticipate a headache. I hope they will come as quickly as the MRI CD did so I can send off my package!
I will also write an intro letter at some point tomorrow and post it here, so my story can be clear here from beginning to end.
So...did you catch that 'femoral head-neck' thing or am I just the queen of anal/crazy/neurotic!!

add on- I just remembered that I also asked for a copy of my last office visit note. That was when we had our discussion about the cam impingement and the possibility for a revision. Here is what the note says:
"She is here regarding bilateral hips, left side is 8 weeks out. She is doing well from the left side. On the right side she did have this twisting injury and had developed increasing pain on the right side. It really has not gone away.
At this time we are going to see how she does with the injection. She is going to call us in one week and let us know."
Hmmmm, is that really what happened????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...re: "is that really what happened?????" :
errm -- no. ...
* :-o *
KT

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

I find it really interesting reading the doctor's interpretation of what happened during an office visit. I had the same situation when I read the office notes from OS #1. I hated passing my records onto OS #2 because I felt like the original doctor's notes were inaccurate. Maybe I don't articulate myself well OR maybe doctors just hear what they want to hear!