Thursday, September 6, 2007

Itching...be gone

Well, the good news is I don't seem to be allergic to my hip injection, the bad news is, I may be allergic to the medication that got me out of my Crohn's flare up a few weeks before surgery. I went off of it on Tuesday, as suggested by my friend, an allergist, today I saw one of her partners, and he agreed, especially since I seem to be a lot better now. So why am I concerned? Well, first of all, this was the only med that helped back then, second, the flare up came right in the middle of some pre-op stress, combined with drugs I shouldn't have been taking but let my pain get the better of me.

Now that I am back in a mega-stressful situation, I need to watch the drug intake, absolutely no anti-inflammatories, if I have too much pain for Tylenol, I will have to turn to Darvocet.

Today I took a long walk with the double stroller, my first since the surgery, believe it or not. Not because I thought I couldn't, but because I preferred to spend the afternoons at the pool. The pool is now closed for the season (except for 3 more weekends), so I am back to walking in the afternoon. The left side was not perfect, but it shouldn't be, in my opinion, at this point. A lot of work was done in there, I had muscle soreness during the walk on that side, mostly adductors. I have been slacking in PT but will return at full force tomorrow morning. The right side hurt a lot, especially uphill (sound familiar), and when I got home, there was an achiness that lingered for quite some time. I wonder how long I can deal with this before going completely, certifiably, insane!!!

2 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Ugh, you are going through so much - at least you're not itchy anymore!

I've had a lot going on...I've called the hospital NINE times to try and schedule my surgery...and have failed nine times. Makes me wonder that the people that will be caring for me during/after surgery are incapable of answering a phone!!!

I'll update you with more later. In the meantime - have a great weekend! :-)

Susie said...

Luckily, my OS office scheduled surgery and that actually went smoothly!
Also, I was sooooo impressed with the hospital and all the staff. There are always postives and negatives in every situation. It must be so frustrating not being able to set a date.

I remember when I scheduled my second side, I called and the girl who does the surgery bookings was out to lunch and I was so annoyed I had to wait until later in the day to schedule!!!
I hope you have a date soon!!