Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stressing

To sum up my day, I took a Darvocet at 4pm. I was at my wits end. It probably doesn't help that this has been an insane week for me. It started with my nanny's sister calling me Sunday to tell me my nanny was in the hospital and not coming in for the entire week, and she would be covering. I have since decided that this is a lie and everything they have told me is complete bullshit, yet I don't know what to do about it. J is out of town. My hip hurts (did I mention that). L's school is still not opening (I don't think I have mentioned this yet), they have had dept of building issues and now licensing issues, it is such a headache. My friends are pressuring me to switch her to another school, but I keep thinking things will soon be resolved.
I needed my nanny to work for me Fri. night and all day Sat., just this week, but her 'illness' does not allow, so now I have to pay someone to do this. The nanny's sister came in 30 minutes late today, making me late for my first patient. I had a message that one of my patient's surgeon's was pissed off bc he didn't receive a note which I did send, 2 weeks prior.
So you can see what kind of day I am having.
Around 3 pm, I was developing a limp. Jk didn't want to go to sleep, L wanted to watch TV in my bed and my hip was throbbing. I went to look for Tylenol but couldn't find it. This was definitely not Tylenol pain though. I knew I needed something stronger, but based on my history of pain meds and side effects, I was scared since J is not here and my nanny is AWOL, so I decided on half of a Darvocet. It took away approximately half of my pain, but I was definitely more than half stoned! Since I rarely take any of this stuff, I have such a low tolerance.
I am happy I took it, I really wanted to get the kids out of the house but the pain was too much for me to walk on,let alone push the stroller. I ended up taking a short walk and going to the park with a friend.
I am not sure what my take is on pain meds, as this has been a topic of conversation lately on the message boards. I did feel like I was 'losing the battle', but I was able to get out and do things. I am on the fence with this one.
Oh, Dr. Kelly has not returned my phone call. I am pissed off.
I did get through to the medical records/ radiology dept at NYP, they are making me a CD of my x-rays! Should arrive in a few days and everything can go to Millis.

Left hip- I was demonstrating plie's for a patient, almost like mini-squats (for pelvic floor training), each time I would come up, I had adductor pain all the way to the groin and about 1/3 of the way down my thigh.I called J, the PT, not J my husband, to see what she thought. I told her abt my earlier trouble with SLR and how this is a similar instability type of muscle pain, she said keep strengthening the adductors and rotators. Will do!!!!!!!!!

No comments: