Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Schizophrenic Hip, or is it?

I have been laying low over the past few days, and left the posting to Amy (thanks again), and have been doing some self reflection and deep thinking. Ok, as much as I can with 2 rugrats tugging at each ankle, but maybe a little thinking.

See, my hip pain is intermittent, sometimes it can be fine for 2-3 days, sometimes the pain can bring me to tears, which is why I call it schizophrenic. So on the good days, I decided to let it take its course, and not have a revision, if it comes to that, but then on bad days, I want to call Dr. Kelly and beg him to do it that minute. And then one of the kids needs me, and I don't call him!!!
So you can see how this would drive one (more) insane, and then throw in the sexy shoe dilema, and you have a big problem on your hands.

By Sunday, I was not having a revision, regardless of anything. By Sunday afternoon, I had spoken to a woman at the pool who had just been resurfaced 6 weeks previously. She has had bilateral hip pain for over 10 years and has not wanted to deal with it. I spoke to her about my progress and PT, we compared notes (btw- she is soooooo happy with her resurfacing, but she was bone on bone). As we were finishing our conversation, she said if there is one piece of advice I can give you, it would be to take care of anything that needs 'taking care of'' now, rather than later. Your kids are still young, I feel like I missed out on the last 10 years of my kids lives because of this.

She left me with a lot on my mind, and I understand where she is coming from, but on the other hand, I do everything, I push through the pain when I have to, but will I always be able to? I also am not 100% sure of the results on my left side. It is great, don't get me wrong, and better than my right currently, but I need more time to see what my results will ultimately be. (I will give a good detailed update later in the week)

Whenever I start thinking, my mind goes racing at a million miles per hour, and it ended up thinking about microfracture. Would I want that on the right, since there is a focal area of bone on bone? I don't think I can handle the recovery from that, but maybe the long term benefits outweigh the 6 awful weeks? But that is so ahead of where I need to be thinking right now, but I do anyway. I need to focus on the 'now', and the next step is to call Ariana this week. I put it off today since I didn't feel like dealing with it, I will try to deal with it tomorrow!

At this point, I want a gameplan, I don't want to have to follow through with anything yet, but I want a plan, so I can plan my life and know what is in store, I don't want to be living in limbo, the way I feel I am right now.

In an unrelated topic, I am having a ridiculous allergic reaction, I am pretty sure it is not from the injection last week, but I have been so itchy, and full of hives, my skin is so sensitive that if I lightly touch it, I develop a red streak on that area. I am still in the investigation process, has anyone had a reaction like this from an injection? Or anything else?

No comments: