Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is Why Doctor's Don't Like to Let You See Results Before Speaking To Them

I had my CT scan yesterday. The report is time stamped 30 minutes after I left the facility, they are fast!!!
I had BKs office fax me the report, and yes, I got it right away! Highlights of the report:
"There is a small ossific density noted in the anterior joint capsule", "small capsular calcification", "femoral version angle +8, anteverted"

So there is bone (?) in the capsule?????? OR calcification? huh? How did this happen? Its possible that it is all from scar tissue, this is probably where he cut into the capsule and the way it scarred down. Or is it nothing. The anteversion seems like nothing too.

I have sent him an email to please look at the scan and let me know what he thinks. I hope to hear back soon!!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

My guess would be that it is from scar tissue...especially if it has been irritated post op? My labrum was calcified apparently thus the reason for removing it, my surgeon thinks the calcification is what was causing my pain moreso than the tear but I am yet to find out the details of how and how much etc.
I think BK will be able to remove this but how to prevent it coming back I'm not sure...I'm on NSAIDs post op to stop heterotopic ossification, but I know you have issues with these, maybe there is an alternative? or maybe you need to start PT sooner?

Jess said...

my understanding is that is the purpose of the CPM machine? We don't use those here.

Jess said...

Just looked up HO and NSAIDs and low and behold, radiotherapy is an alternative...don't know which is worse lol